Friday, August 24, 2007

Web-Based Desktop Applications

Negative Carl here for another report on web-based applications. We're told that the biggest benefit is that mutual people can collaborate on a document without worrying about file compatibility. When is the last time that has been a problem for you? I collaborate all the time with people in Australia, South America, and Asia and I have never had a file compatibility issue. I hire people to write and edit scripts and have never run into any issues with compatibility, nor have my collaborators. I guess it's handy for people who don't want to lay out the money for Microsoft Office and so they can use spreadsheets and the like without buying a program. Plus, now I'm supposed to learn another program and another sign-in and another password?

No comments: