Monday, July 9, 2007

RSS Feeds - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay, here's my thing about RSS. Who cares? Some of this stuff is great, but 98% of it is useless. I've been using RSS on my My Yahoo page for years without knowing that is what it's called. Most of the stuff is just plain junk, however. I went to the site with all the feeds and I couldn't find a single one that interested me. Who needs daily papparazzi pictures or a phrase of the day or junk like that. I certainly have no interest in getting updates from blogs. If these people were really talented or actually expressed original thoughts or ideas, they would have a legitimate outlet, not just be one in a billion people typing inane thoughts on inane issues.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

But wouldn't you be interested in finding out when BCPL purchased a new book from your favorite author or on your favorite topic? This might be an easy automated way BCPL could bring customers into our buildings or have them place holds on our materials.